Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.joywithjo.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include “consent” and “legitimate interests”. Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Personal information you provide us, for example, when you register for an account on our site or when you make a purchase. Such information may include your name, email address, shipping and billing address, phone number, or any other information from which you may be personally identified. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Information automatically collected when you visit our site, for example, technical information detailing your visits to the site including but not limited to traffic data, location data and other communication data. We gather certain aggregated information about you when you use it, which may include details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, the URL you came from and go to and the parts of the website you visit.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you send us an inquiry via our contact form, you will be required to provide your name, email address, subject (optional) and message. This information is required in order for us to assist you with your inquiry. Please refrain from including any sensitive data, for example, passwords or credit card information in your message.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- JoyWithJo.com uses Facebook Custom Audiences and Conversion Tracking to advertise online. We will share information regarding your visit to our website with Facebook but this will not include any personal information. Facebook will use this information to monitor on our behalf the effectiveness of our advertising. The information we share with Facebook will only be used in accordance with Facebook’s data use policy.
- Joy With Jo uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show JoyWithJo.com ads on sites across the Internet.
- JoyWithJo.com and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to our website.
- Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can usually change your web browser’s preferences to block cookies or notify you whenever you are sent a cookie.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use your data
JoyWithJo.com may use your personal information to:-
- Communicate updates or issues with regards to your purchase
- Respond to your inquiries via email, our contact form or live chat function available on our website
- Send you periodic newsletters you have consented to, informing you of new or updated services and information, important notices and information about this website and its services, promotional material, and event information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Request for your feedback to improve or update this website, its products and services as part of our continuous improvement initiatives.
Who we share your data with
Your personal information will never be rented or sold to third parties. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Our agents, business partners, advisors, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to access information held about you and, where necessary, to have it amended. Your right of access can be exercised. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information, or if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please email us at hello(@)joywithjo.com.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All supplied personal information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and our database is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. We DO NOT store your credit card information. All payments are processed securely via the Stripe payment gateway or PayPal, a safer way to pay online without sharing any financial details with the merchant.
We may transfer or disclose personal information to other companies, to our professional advisers and to such other parties as we consider necessary, in the administration of the website or if required to disclose such information by law. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you disclose online. You must accept the inherent security implications of providing information online over the Internet and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in willful default.